Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: YA Crushes


This Tuesday will be mine and Jess's first dive into the world of TopTen Tuesday, a weekly meme/feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. We decided to start off with our favorite topic: fictional book crushes...

Alley's List:
 
1.Jace (The Mortal Instruments)
2. Dimitri  (Vampire Academy)
3. Will (The Infernal Devices)
4. Four (Divergent)
5. Henry (The Goddess Test)
6. Adrian (Bloodlines/Vampire Academy)
7. Finn (The Trylle Series)
8. Daimon (Lux series)
9. Shay (Nightshade)
10. Gale (The Hunger Games)

So originally, I think we were going to try and combine our lists to make one cohesive list of ten... that didn't work out as we were already aruging about what number Four/Tobias should rank (he's number "4" on my list and I didn't even try and do that...). So here are my crushes. As you can probably tell, I love anything  by Cassandra Clare and Richelle Mead, but some outlyers made the cut in Shay from Nightshade and Finn from The Trylle series by Amanda Hocking. Now on to Jess's list!
 
Jess's List:
 
1. Four (Divergent)
2. Ron Weasley (Harry Potter)
3. Henry (The Goddess Test)
4. Tristan (Crave)
5. Ky Markham (Matched
6. James (The Goddess Test)
7. Jack (Everneath)
8. Percy Jackson (circa The Last Olympians)
9. Ethan (Beautiful Creatures)
10. Prinice Kai (Cinder)

So I think it’s clear from my list that I have a thing for emotionally unavailable bad boys and totally lovable nerds. Topping my list is Four, who is the most swoon-worthy of all fictional men in my opinion. And now that Theo James is my mental image for Four, my crush only gets worse.  The rest of the men are totally crushable, and I hold the most special place in my heart for Ron Weasley. What can I say? I love gingers. The most surprising to me is Ky from Matched. Although I was pretty disappointed with the book, I felt very compelled by outsider Ky. Also, on a side note – Percy Jackson probably would’ve never made my list had it not been for Logan Lerman. I can’t unsee it, ladies and gentlemen, and it’s a good thing.

Who are your top ten YA fictional crushes?

 
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes, to Jace as number one! I loved him so much in City of Bones. But I think he was totally mis-cast in the film. Even if he is a good actor, he looks squirrel-ly. My preferences lean more towards Allison's (except for Gale, shocked that you're Team Gale!). I disliked Tristan from Crave, but that book didn't sit well with me in general. Love how you made two lists so I can tell what books you both like :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that he was slightly mis-cast in the film. I am warming up to Jamie though(probably because I've got no other choice). I actually just rewatched Titanic this weekend and I'm in the middle of reading COB to prepare for the movie and young Leo DeCaprio would be a perfect Jace. That's all I could think about during the movie. If only we had a time machine...

      Delete