Friday, July 12, 2013

Review: While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3) by Abbi Glines


 
After reading Because of Low and being introduced to bad boy, Cage York, I couldn't wait to get my hands on While It Lasts!

Cage’s partying ways have finally caught up to him. After one night of having a little too much to drink and getting behind the wheel, he finds himself with a DUI and in danger of messing up his future set to get himself out of Sea Breeze. His coach sends him to work on a farm for a few weeks to teach him some responsibility. The smelly, hot, and girl-less farm life is not how Cage wants to spend his summer. When he finds out that the farmer’s daughter is drop dead gorgeous, he thinks his time on the farm could actually be fun. That is until he tries talking to her.

Eva the ice queen wants nothing to do with the delinquent working on her Daddy’s farm. After tragedy strikes and her carefully laid plans for her life are shot to hell, she’s content with a solitary life. But it’s hard to resist Cage’s charm and she finds herself strangely attracted to boy living in her Daddy’s barn.

I will tell you that I’m a little biased when it comes to farmer’s daughters stories. I grew up reading my mom’s old cowboy romance novels and I’m a sucker for boots wearing, hay bailing, honk tonk inhabiting guys. While Cage isn’t necessarily a cowboy, Eva is your typical farmer’s daughter who falls for the hired hand and let me tell you, Glines gets steamy with this one! Her books seem to get sexier and sexier and you won't find me complaining!

I loved Eva and Cage’s story. Cage has a chip on his shoulder and an axe to grind while Eva has to overcome her tragic past. Together they find love, passion and a friendship that neither one of them expected.

This is my favorite book in the Sea Breeze series and it’s definitely not one to miss!

9 out of 10

Happy Reading :)
 
Here is the updated cover!
 
 

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I totally need to read an Abbi Glines book. (I feel like I always say that!) But this series looks like one of her better ones. And I've only heard great things about While it Lasts. Someone read it on audiobook and they said the male voice was very sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seriously stuns me that you haven't read anything by Abbi Glines! Ya'lls book was such a good example of a NA roomance and Glines runs along those same lines. Definitely pick one up soon, they're fun summer reads :)

      Delete
    2. I definitely will! What series of hers would you suggest to start with?

      Delete
    3. Either the Sea Breeze series that includes this book (the first is Breathe) or the Too Far series. Both are really great and then she's got a new spin off series but you should read Too Far first.

      Delete