Monday, February 4, 2013

The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1) by J. Sterling - Reveiw


I read The Perfect Game on a whim. It was a football Sunday and I didn’t want to sit and pretend that I was interested in what was going on, so I boycotted and bought myself a book. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I really enjoyed The Perfect Game!



Cassie’s a Junior in College and she knows to stay away from bad boy and baseball stud Jack Carter. With girls all over him twenty four seven, she knows he’s bad news and she’s never even spoken to him. Jack begins to take an interest in Cassie when his little brother starts hanging out with Cassie’s best friend. After pursuing her, she finally concedes and goes out on a date with him. It’s then that Cassie see’s through the tough and promiscuous Jack into the troubled and vulnerable guy who just wants to be a baseball star. From there, their lives change as they fall in love and both begin to follow their dreams. But living out their dreams may be harder than they had imagined with having to live apart and a plot that may ruin them forever.

A lot happens in The Perfect Game. The books begins by spanning a few weeks at college, then moves to cover a few months while Jack is away playing in the minor leagues and finally a few more months as Cassie moves to New York to become a photographer. We have a lot of time to see both characters grow up and their relationship mature as well.

I liked the twist that happens in the story. It was very different from your typical romance. Normally, one person thinks someone is unfaithful and so they argue about trust and that’s the big problem in the relationship. Sterling takes it a step further and creates a real life situation where no one wins. I loved seeing how the characters worked through their inner demons to deal with the painful and heartbreaking possibility that they’ve ruined a chance at happiness in the future.

I read this book in one sitting and I felt happy and content at the end. It may have something to do with how heart stoppingly adorable Jack ends up being, but I think it was the book as a whole. It focused on a real relationship that really had it’s problems. Both Cassie and Jack have to work through their commitment and trust issues but they find themselves happy in the end.

The Perfect Game is a great feel good NA romance if you’re looking for a quick read!

7 out of 10

Happy Reading :)

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a nice quick read! I'll definitely look into it. I think what interests me most is that it jumps years ahead -- something that YA's just don't do. I guess NA has the ability to fastforward (which could make for a very interesting read).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :) This sounds really interesting, and there's something about this cover that I just love. I'll definitely add it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The books begins by spanning a few weeks at college, then moves to cover a few months while Jack is away playing in the minor leagues and finally a few more months as Cassie moves to New York to become a photographer. It is really very interesting book, i also read it.

    libros mas vendidos

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a splendid film for the whole family all of whom will be rooting for the underdogs. The actors are as perfect as their game. The plot lends itself to adult/child discussions.

    Wait till you see KRW Personal Injury Attorneys

    ReplyDelete