Monday, December 10, 2012

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski - Review



After reading On Dublin Street in October, I've been searching for a romance read to equal it. I really fell in love with that story and even after two months, I still can't get that story out of my head. After going on an eBook shopping spree, I came across The Edge of Never. I recognized some of J.A. Redmerski's other books from blogger friends and I thought I'd give this one a try.


The Edge of Never follows two troubled souls, Andrew and Cam as the wonder across the country, both with different destinations. Cam is suffering from great loss. She lost her first love, her best friend and her parent's marriage fell apart. It seems the only way that Cam can deal with her loneliness is to travel and see the country. With no real destination in mind, Cam boards a bust from North Carolina to Idaho. Fate steps in when Andrew, the ruggedly sexy boy sits behind her on the bus and both of their lives change forever.

This book falls into the sort of new genre in town, New Adult. It rides the line between young adult fiction and straight up adult fiction. The main character is a 20 year old girl, a little older than your average YA story's leading lady and there is sex intermixed throughout the novel. Now I'm not talking 50 Shades of Grey sex, but there is definitely sexy time and it is this addition to the story that brings The Edge of Never into the New Adult genre. I'm becoming a fan!

I read this book in one day and I couldn't put it down. I would probably compare this book to a Nicholas Sparks book with more edge. It's a darker coming of age tale of redemption, forgiveness and growth.

I loved Andrew and Cam together. They made me laugh out loud at points in the story and also made me cry. Their passionate love story was one that will stick with me for a while. I liked how unpredictable this story ended up being. There are some big twists and turns that you won't see coming. Now keep in mind, this was not the most well written book in the world, but it was a fast and enjoyable read.

The Edge of Never has made me a believer and I'm definitely going to be picking up some of J.A. Redmerski's other stories. If you're looking for a quick romance read that leaves a lasting impression, The Edge of Never is for you.

8 out of 10

Happy Reading :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing this book for quite some time now. I'm also loving the New Adult genre. Thanks for the charming review.

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really great Dannielle, I think you'd love it!

    ReplyDelete