Saturday, November 10, 2012

Clockwork Angel & Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare -Audiobook Review



Well guys, I just moved to a new state and got a brand new job! The only downside to this new adventure is that I have an hour to an hour and a half commute EACH WAY to work. The only way to control my new found road rage is to listen to audiobooks which actually works for the better. I can read books I've been trying to get to while I drive almost 3 hours per day. (Trying to stay positive here!)


I am a big fan of rereading books. As I'm sure many of you agree, some books just put you in a great mood when you read them or you may feel like going on a date with your favorite book boyfriend again on a lonely Friday night! Either way  you look at it, rereading your favorites is comforting and so I started my commuting by listening to Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince.

Since I've already reviewed both books when I first read them, I'm just going to comment on how I liked listening to the books versus actually reading them.

Let's start with Clockwork Angel. I thought that Jennifer Ehle did a great job narrating this book in particular. Because this book was mostly told from Tessa's perspective, it made sense to have the narrator be a female. Her narration seamlessly fluctuated from American English to British English. She even took stabs at different British dialects. I was extremely happy with her performance and I'd listen to another book of hers.

Now Clockwork Prince on the other hand, blew me out of the water. As a huge fan of Gossip Girl, I could not wait to hear Ed Westwick read to me with that sexy, brooding voice of his. And let me tell you, I loved it. His attempt at a female American accent kind of made me giggle at times but his voice made me fall in love with Will that much more. There was a scene towards the end that I swear, Ed Westwick could get an award for. His emotion almost brought me to my knees (ya know, had I not been driving). I mean wow!

Heather Lind is the  female narrator  that read some of Tessa's part in Clockwork Prince. I liked her voice quite a lot as well. Honestly, I could have just done with Ed reading the entire book, but I understand the importance of also having a female narrator read the more heavily Tessa parts of the book.

Overall, these are both books I'd recommend to someone looking for a good audiobook!

 For these reviews where I'm only judging the audio aspects of the book, I'm going to rate them on a scale out of 5.

Clockwork Angel 3 out of 5
Clockwork Prince 5 out of 5

Happy Listening :)


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I can't read your reviews word for word because I haven't made it to the Clockwork series point yet. However I just wanted to stop by and say *YAY*. Wicked glad you like this spin off! I'm always worried that spin offs won't be as good as the original series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adventure! Oh how sad I am that the adventures have come to an end in this book. However, it was well written and kept me guessing til the end. The characters I have come to know and love gave me excitement, heartache, hope, joy, and love. Such vivid imagery of events, scenery and characters. Thank you Ms. Clare for such a delightful. I highly recommend all of her books if you like history, magic, and the fight of good vs. evil.

    regards,
    russel of Plumber Seattle



    ReplyDelete