Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (4): Poison by Bridget Zinn

Well folks, this is my 4th Waiting on Wednesday post! As most of you know, W.O.W. is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that helps bloggers showcase those books that they can't wait to get their hands on!




Sixteen-year-old Kyra, a highly-skilled potions master, is the only one who knows her kingdom is on the verge of destruction--which means she's the only one who can save it. Faced with no other choice, Kyra decides to do what she does best: poison the kingdom's future ruler, who also happens to be her former best friend. But, for the first time ever, her poisoned dart...misses. Now a fugitive instead of a hero, Kyra is caught in a game of hide-and-seek with the king's army and her potioner ex-boyfriend, Hal. At least she's not alone. She's armed with her vital potions, a too-cute pig, and Fred, the charming adventurer she can't stop thinking about. Kyra is determined to get herself a second chance (at murder), but will she be able to find and defeat the princess before Hal and the army find her? 

Kyra is not your typical murderer, and she's certainly no damsel-in-distress--she's the lovable and quick-witted hero of this romantic novel that has all the right ingredients to make teen girls swoon. 

If ever there was a book that was right up my alley, this would be it. As soon as I saw the cover of Poison, I knew that I had to read it! If you've read any of my reviews, you know I love a good bad-ass lead female character and Kyra looks like the queen of kicking butt and taking names!

March is going to be a busy month for this little reader with this book, Clockwork Princess, and the other lovely books coming out that month. I may just have to quit working for a month!!!

What are you waiting on?
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I've got this on my tbr list too. It sounds so good! and who doesn't love a cute little piglet? Haha. I do love the cover, its really pretty but I feel like it's not entirely unique. It really resembles Snow White & the Huntsmen. Link to poster: http://cdn02.cdn.justjaredjr.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2011/11/kristen-stewart-snow-white-poster.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the similarity to the Snow White and the Huntsmen poster is what first made me look at this book. I don't want to say it drew me to the book, but I definitely did a double take! I'm so excited to see what significance that little piggy plays in the book (I know that I'll love it :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is on my list. Love the cover and it sounds so great. my wow http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-34-and-www-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this as my WOW last week and it is basically awesome. She does look like she'd be badass, which is a requirement with my fav female leads. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete