Wednesday, May 16, 2012

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4) by Cassandra Clare - Review


In reading this story again, I realized how much a I missed in reading City of Fallen Angels the first time! I think I got so excited to figure out what was happening, I basically skimmed the last 80 pages, which was a detriment to me and my love of Cassandra Clare's writing. This book was unexpectedly wonderful and to be frank, crazy awesome.


In this 4th installment of The Mortal Instruments series, we find ourselves in the aftermath of The Moral War. Without giving too much away, Clary is in the midst of training as a Shadowhunter and it seems that life is pretty much perfect. Especially when it comes to her relationship with her boyfriend, the lovely and witty Jace Lightwood. But, in typical Clare fashion, The Mortal Instruments crew gets a little shaken up and it turns out the The Mortal War was only a small problem for them to deal with when held against what's coming next...

City of Fallen Angels introduces us to a new enemy, one worse than Valentine (if that is at all possible). I will obviously not be telling you who said villain is as it would completely ruin the story for you. But I did like this addition to the series. After City of Glass had ended, I was interested to see how the next story would unfold with our evil mastermind seemingly put to rest.

I am loving how these books and The Infernal Devices are intermingling. We see our characters ancestors coming through into the story taking place in present day and I'm thinking that in City of Lost Souls we are going to see some more of that. I'm stoked.

I also realized in reading this book that I do like The Infernal Devices books better. That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed The Mortal Instruments or that I didn't like this particular book. It's just that I'm a huge sucker for historical fiction and steampunk themes and I have to say I'm more excited for Clockwork Princess to come out than any other book written by Cassandra Clare.

We'll, I think that's enough rambling for one day! I am staring City of Lost Souls today, so be prepared for you last Cassandra Clare book review for a while! (Are you excited?)

8 out of 10

Happy Reading :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment