Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test #1.5) by Aimee Carter - Review


Because this was a very short and sweet read, I’ll try and write my review in the same manor. While I don’t believe you necessarily need to read Goddess Hunt before delving into book 2 in the Goddess Test series, this quick read is fun and a great tide over while you wait for Goddess Interrupted!

Goddess Hunt begins and we find Kate traveling with James (Hermes) to Greece for a vacation during her six months off from Eden Manor… and Henry. While Kate thinks this will be a normal vacation with site seeing and tanning, she quickly finds herself in the middle of a millennia old struggle between the Gods. Pollux (Lux) has just rescued his brother Castor (Casey) from the Underworld. Now, both boys are on the run from the council of the Gods who are hell-bent on capturing them. Kate and James find the boys in the woods near Athens and Kate finds that the Gods that she has idolized may not be as good as she had once thought. She fights her way into the family struggle to help save the brotherly bond that Lux and Casey have for one another and just might damage her relationship with Henry in the process.


This book took me just short of an hour to finish and I was pleasantly surprised. I have to say I didn’t have very high expectations for the novella because I thought of it as a marketing plot to build hype for book 2 to come out. While this may have been the case, I loved reading this story. Once again we are treated to Carter’s wonderful writing and her sarcastic wit. I definitely can’t wait to read more of her work.

One of my favorite parts of the story was reading from Henry’s point of view. You were able to see his internal struggle with upholding the laws he has spent all of eternity upholding and his need to protect Kate and keep her happy. Her determination to make things right and his love for her will definitely turn out to cause some rifts within the council in later books. Kate brings a fresh take to the situations that the council must rule over and I think all of the Gods are a little apprehensive about what changes Kate’s presence will bring about in their rule.

Over all I really did enjoy this novella and it was a great way to hold me over until Goddess Interrupted is released and has made me even more excited!

8 out of 10

Happy Reading :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment